Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wow

Well, I'm totally new to this so I hope it's more exciting than watching paint dry or grass grow. Hopefully, my family and friends will find this entertaining and keep up with what's going on in the ever-changing world of of an Old Guy like me.

Several years ago, I decided at the prompting of a close friend to get into the Amateur Radio Service. Jargon alert- this is Ham Radio NOT CB. Unlike the usual foul mouthed- rude jerks that inhabit the CB airwaves, most Hams are pretty decent folks.


Last Saturday was ARRL's field day. Jargon alert- ARRL is the American Radio Relay League. It's a 24 hour event with thousands of radio enthusiasts try to make as many different radio contacts as possible. (Peter would like this) Most clubs put on something special, for it's a great time to give people information about what Amateur Radio is, how to get licensed and a chance to GOTA. Jargon alert- Get On The Air. I'm a member of YVARC. Jargon alert- Yucaipa Valley Amateur Radio Club. Our event was somewhat less enthusiastic than in previous years but it was still fun.

Flyfishing has been on hold the last few weeks since my favorite lake was inundated with Girl Scouts seeking repose from day-to-day life with a day at the beach. Having fathered 3 girls myself, I decided to find a quieter use of my time.

My photography has taken an upswing with the purchase of a new computer and Adobe CS 3 for editing purposes. My children are even giving me a film and slide scanner for Father's Day. What a great family I have.

Melissa and Peter are doing well, baby Sarah Rose, my first grandchild, is growing like a weed. I call her the Michelin Baby. Very Cute indeed...

Alicia and Mike surprised us with some good news this weekend, she may and I emphasize may be expecting a child. A home pregnancy kit tested positive. So we may have a new grandbaby in the oven! Very exciting...

Sara was away seeing her bow Sunday and Monday. A much needed rest period as well I believe. She's been working very hard with her grandpa doing "yard" clean-up around the Angelus Oaks community. Raking leaves and pine needles, picking up brush... that sort of thing.

Tammy is awesome... She continues to surprise me with her depth of love for her family. She corraled Sara long enough to go to Melissa's house in Port Hueneme long enough to return their pets and help Melissa clean their house for the upcoming in-law visit.

This is for Peter- ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Me Hearty!

Old Guys Rule!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is great, Daddy! Keep it up! If anything, your family and friends will get a kick out of it! :)