Sunday, October 12, 2008

Send Off

There comes a time in every child's life when they should be on their own. For our kids, all but the youngest have flown the nest. However, while Peter was in Kuwait and Africa this past 2 months, Melissa and Sarah Rose lived with us. It was a wonderful time to be around our grandchild. Both Tammy and I became very attached to the little munchkin. She made some real milestones while she was here. She learned to clap, wave hello, goodbye and, she's pulling herself up to a standing position on all kinds of things. Just see the picture to the left... She's also learning to do what all female children do... babble incessantly. It's been a lot of fun. 

This weekend we were able to get all of the local SO. CA. family together to send Peter and Melissa off to Peter's new post at Whidbey Island in Puget Sound about 2 hrs. drive time from Seattle. After a nice BBQ at our house, it was a real hoot getting most of them up to Riley's Farm in Oak Glen for a fun time. Of course the star of the show was Sarah Rose... At least 3 or 4 shutters kept clicking wherever she went. This went a long way toward getting my mind off the death of a dear friend. Spending time with my son-in-law Peter was really nice too. Watching the major league baseball playoffs and Victory at Sea is a memory I'll keep for a long time.

We have a housefull this morning with Tammy's sister, her 2 boys and our youngest daughter Sara. Sleeping arrangements were tight but we always manage one way or another. I think Tammy is in the kitchen doing her best to cook up something that will help me get fatter. Peter is behind me typing away to put something on his blog. 

This week has been stressful. The death of a close friend is never an easy thing to accept. My faith in the Lord has gone a long way to help me get on with life and having family members that love me close by has been just what the doctor ordered. 


Humbly yours until next time...

ARRRRRRRRRRR Me Hearties!!!!!!

OLD GUYS RULE!!!


1 comment:

Carol Pease said...

Hi Fred:

I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful tribute you wrote about my little brother, Glenn. I've read it several times over the last month and it has helped ease the pain of his passing. I never knew how many people and lives he had touched until recently. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him and miss him. My husband (KB5DUY) and I live in Texas and would love to hear from you.

Carol Pease
agentpease@hotmail.com