Monday, September 8, 2008

Dog Days of August

It's been a week or so since my last post so I figured I'd put something on the blog... It's been really hot here lately. 100+ degrees almost every day. Both Tammy and I are ready for winter to begin.

I'm sitting here in my PJ shorts watching Stargate Atlantis typing away. Tammy is gone for the week taking a training course in Costa Mesa. She's hoping to pass her series 7 test for work. (A broker kinda thing.) I'm remembering now what I liked about being a bachelor and what I didn't like about it as well. Believe me, the advantages of being married far outweigh the negative aspects. At any rate, Melissa is in Texas and I'm baby sitting her cat and her dog. The dog is OK but, as most of you know I don't like cats very much.

I went to the doctor for my yearly physical today. All my numbers are better. In the last 6 months, I lost 7 pounds. Slow like molasses in January. I guess the slower it goes, the more likely I'll be to keep it off. That's a very good thing... My good cholesterol has come up, the bad has gone down some more and the tryglycerides are lower too. Very encouaging for me. The bad news: I haven't been on the bike for over a week now. Melissa came to visit before she went to Texas and I had to put it outside. In the heat. So needless to say, my butt didn't hit the seat. Oh well, it's lame but it's my only excuse LOL.

Work has been unbelievable recently. The Public Works director fired our plant manager... a decent guy. And put her hatchet man in his place. From the sound of it his job was going to be down-sized and she needed a place to put him. Nice, eh? Such is the rotten organization I work for.

I'm really looking forward to this year's fall flyfishing fling. I'm heading up to Clearwater Lodge on the Pit River in Northern CA. Beautiful place, good food and lots of hungry trout. My best one last time we went there was a 20" brown out of the McCloud River. There are 4 of us that make a fall trek each year. we've been doing it now for probably 10 years. It's one of the things I really look forward to every year. Somehow, getting out in the wild, getting in touch with the inner primal man is invigorating and gets my mind set in the right place for the coming year. I've ordered a new rod for the trip, a 9' 5 weight 4 piece St. Croix Avid. This one will be easier to pack than my other 2 piece rods. Scott, one of the guys I go with, and I picked out some wine from BevMo to ship up to the lodge to help keep everything lubricated. Good times ahead for this fly fisher.

Stargate Atlantis is over, so I'll watch some repeats of Hogan's Heroes then off to bed. I need my rest for tomorrow. Going to go fish a little bit with my Dad. Should be fun.

Until next time.....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Me Hearties!!!!


OLD GUYS RULE!!!!


No comments: